SOUTHERN BEANS WITH SMOKED TURKEY NECKS AND POTATOES
Southern green beans combined with potatoes, smoked turkey, onions, and garlic. Cooked to perfection! It’s not hard to see why: people LOVE easy, tasty meals that are also cheap. When it comes to making my green bean meals, I always use ingredients that are inexpensive on the budget, and my southern green bean recipes are always really simple to make.
I was willing to show you guys a different way to make my green beans and potatoes. I’m going to try using smoked turkey this time! To begin, I bring a pot of water to a boil and add the smoked turkey legs. After cooking the turkey until it is lovely and soft, I pull it from the water and then shred or dice the meat depending on your preference. I DON’T THROW AWAY THE WATER AT ALL! I use the water since it has a savory flavor already from the turkey that was cooked in it. I actually put the green beans, together with cubed potatoes, onions, and garlic, as well as the smoked turkey, into the pot that contains the “broth,”. After that, I let it all simmer for a while to soften everything up.
HERE IS THE LIST OF ALL INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR MAKING TODAY’S RECIPE:
- Fresh green beans; I used 2 Pounds – trimmed.
- A Pound.Of smoked turkey legs.
- 1 large spoon.Of minced garlic.
- Chopped onion; I used a medium-sized one.
- Peeled and diced potatoes; use 4 to 5 medium-sized.
- 2 small spoons.Of seasoning salt.
- 1 small spoon.Of ground black pepper.
FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS BELOW TO MAKE THIS SOUTHERN GREEN BEANS RECIPE WITH TURKEY AND POTATOES:
• 1st Step – To begin, place the smoked turkey in a big saucepan. Smoke the turkey until it’s done.
• 2nd Step – After pouring the stock or water into the pot, raise the temperature to its highest setting.
• 3rd Step – Remove the turkey from the pot after it has reached the desired degree of tenderness throughout the cooking process. It is imperative that the liquid in the saucepan NOT be drained. It will be put to use!
• 4th Step – Prepare the turkey flesh by shredding or dicing it. Make sure that all of the bones and the skin are removed.
• 5th Step – Now put the green beans, smoked turkey, onions, and garlic into the saucepan with the liquid that’s been leftover from the soup. After you have added the spices, mix all the ingredients together.
• 6th Step – After approximately ten minutes of cooking, add the potatoes and continue cooking until everything is nice and soft, or until it reaches the doneness that you desire.
• 7th Step – Enjoy your meal with cornbread, it adds an extra flavor to your food!!!
HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!!