SALTED CARAMEL KENTUCKY BUTTER CAKE
This Kentucky butter cake is steeped in a boozy, sweet butter sauce before being baked. The moist and delectable cake is covered with a luscious salted caramel icing, and you can garnish with candied nuts for an extra kick if you want to make it even more special. This cake recipe is a boozy take on a traditional southern dessert dish! Your friends and family will be begging you to share the recipe with them!
By incorporating my salted caramel glaze and a gorgeous butter sauce into the original recipe, I created a fascinating variation on it. For my husband’s birthday, I made this for him, and he really appreciated it! This cake may easily be served as a stand-alone dessert at any dinner party or celebration. To complete the dish, I propose a dollop of newly prepared whipped cream or vanilla ice cream served on the side.
This simple butter cake recipe calls for ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry or refrigerator. Here is the list of everything you need to make it:
FOR THE CAKE, YOU’LL NEED:
- Sifted all-purpose flour, I used 3 cups.
- Granulated white sugar, you’ll need 2 cups, equal to 400 grams.
- 1 small spoon.Of kosher Salt.
- ½ small spoon.Of Baking soda.
- ½ small spoon.Of Cream of Tartar.
- Caramel coffee creamer, I used one cup.
- 1 Cup.Of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temp.
- 2 small spoons.Of Vanilla extract.
- 4 large eggs, at room temp.
- Step 1 – Set the temp. Of your oven to 325 degrees, and grease a 10-inch bundt cake pan with soft butter, then sprinkle a dust of flour over it.
- Step 2 – Secondly, you need to combine sifted the flour, with granulated sugar, salt, cream of tartar, baking powder, and baking soda all together in a large mixing bowl.
- Step 3 – Combine the dry ingredients in a stand mixer basin with the coffee creamer, softened butter, 2 small spoons of vanilla, and 4 large eggs, all at room temperature, and b eat for around 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Step 4 – Now, pour the batter into your prepared Bundt pan, and bake it for 50 to 55 minutes, till a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Step 5 – Using a wooden spoon handle, poke holes in the cake while it is still warm, then gently drizzle the butter sauce over top of the cake, ensuring sure it reaches all of the holes.
- Step 6 – Before you remove the cake from the pan, allow it to cool fully. The cake is easier to remove from the pan if you run a knife around the sides first.
FOR MAKING THE BUTTER SAUCE, YOU’LL NEED THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS:
- ¾ Cup.Of white sugar.
- ⅓ Cup.Of softened Butter.
- 3 large spoons.Of caramel coffee creamer.
- 2 small spoons.Of Vanilla extract.
- Step 1 – Add the sugar with softened butter, vanilla extract, and the coffee creamer to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Step 2 – Cook until all the ingredients are melted and blended over medium heat, but do not bring the mixture to a boil.
THESE ARE THE INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR MAKING THE SALTED CARAMEL AT HOME, BUT YOU CAN ALSO USE THE STORE-BOUGHT:
- 1 Cup.Of granulated white sugar.
- ¼ Cup.Of water, at room temp.
- ¾ Cup.Of Heavy cream.
- 3½ large spoons.Of unsalted butter.
- A small spoon.Of Kosher Salt.
- Step 1 – Over medium-low heat, put the sugar and water in a heavy-bottomed pot and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Step 2 – At this point, you need to bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Use a pastry brush dipped in water to remove any remaining crystals off the edge of the pan. Boil the syrup for around six to eight minutes, until it reaches a dark amber color.
- Step 3 – Stir in the heavy cream after removing the sugar from the heat and letting it cool slightly. The mixture will boil. Add the salt and the unsalted butter to the mixture and mix well.
- Step 4 – Cool the caramel by transferring it to a bowl. Sprinkle the cake with icing. Make ice cream with any remaining sauce.