REAL SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN BATTER
Making fried chicken at home seems like a lot of work, and I understand that feeling. It is time-consuming, but it is well worth it. The time it takes to prepare this soul food favorite is around 30 to 45 minutes standing by the stove. When I think of fried chicken, I think of my grandma, special family meals, and church-covered-dish feasts. Indeed, happy memories abound.
For those who want to enjoy great fried chicken, here are some of my opinions on the subject:
– Get a whole chicken and prepare the pieces yourself. You will save money by purchasing a whole chicken and will quickly learn how to carve up a chicken by hand.
– Fried chicken tastes best after it has been allowed to cool a little so that it is still warm but closer to room temperature. To eat fried chicken directly out of the oil will result in a burning sensation in your mouth and you will miss out on all of the lovely flavors.
–In order to guarantee that your chicken is precisely done when golden brown on all sides, it is important to fry it at the proper temperature (325°F to 350°F). When it comes to learning how to cook chicken, keep practicing. Until you get the hang of it, be sure you use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken to see when it is done.
THESE ARE ALL INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR MAKING MY GRANDMA’S FRIED CHICKEN BATTER EVER!!
- Chicken pieces, I used 3 Lbs.
- 2 large eggs.
- Whole milk, I used one cup, equal to 230 ml.
- Seasonings, to your liking.
- 1 Tsp.Of garlic powder.
- All-purpose flour, I used 1 cup.
- Canola or peanut oil, as needed for frying.
FOR MAKING THE BEST SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN, YOU’LL NEED TO TRY THIS BATTER!! IT’S AMAZING AND MAKES THE BEST CHICKEN EVEEER!!
- 1st Step – Clean the chicken pieces by rinsing them under cold water and patting them dry with paper towels.
- 2nd Step – In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well combined. Stir in the salt, pepper, and garlic powder until well combined. Allow the chicken to soak for 5 to 10 minutes in the milk mixture.
- 3rd Step – When baking, mix the flour and seasoned salt together in a large zip-top bag.
- 4th Step – Shake the chicken pieces in the flour, a few at a time, to ensure that they are well coated. Remove any extra fat from the chicken and place it on a drying rack to dry.
- 5th Step – Heat the oil in a deep pan or deep fryer until it reaches 350 degrees F, and cook the chicken pieces for several minutes, don’t forget to start wit the thighs and legs.
- 6th Step – Continue to cook the remaining chicken pieces, taking care not to overcrowd the pan. Continue to cook the chicken pieces, flipping them once, until they are golden brown and cooked through.
NOTE: THE CHICKEN MAY BE SERVED HOT OR COLD, DEPENDING ON YOUR PREFERENCE. ENJOT IT!!!
No Responses Yet