MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
There is nothing else like these cream puffs that you have ever tasted before. The key to my mother’s world-famous cream puffs is her incredible filling, which she makes herself. Some people tried to pass off a filling made of plain vanilla mousse as something special. This time, though, that is not the case. Although this filling has a pudding base, the addition of heavy cream, which has been beaten into it, guarantees that it will not disappoint. It’s luscious, rich, and all a cream puff filling should be and more!
The shells are also quite light, making them the ideal vessel for containing all of that delicious cream! You may even prepare the shells ahead of time and store them in the freezer! You may also create the cream up to a day ahead of time. After that, just fill them before serving. I’ve even filled them the night before and they were still delicious the following day! I’d simply hold off on the powdered sugar since it may go bad in the refrigerator if there’s too much. Using a tiny sieve or shaker, sprinkle it on just before you serve them! If powdered sugar is not your thing, you might try spreading melted chocolate over the tops instead. In my opinion, that is always a good idea. I’ve included a picture of one below that has been drizzled with chocolate! Additionally, sprinkles on top would be entertaining, and the kids would go nuts for it!
HERE IS THE LIST OF ALL INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR MAKING MY MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS:
– THE DOUGH INGREDIENTS:
- Softened butter, I used 1 sick.
- Warm water, you’ll need one cup for making the dough.
- A small spoon.Of vanilla flavoring.
- Sifted all-purpose flour, I used 1 cup.
- 4 medium-sized eggs.
– THE FILLING INGREDIENTS:
- Heavy cream, you’ll need one pint.
- Instant vanilla pudding, you’ll need a 3-oz pkg.
- ⅓ Cup.Of whole MILK.
- 1st Step – Take the water, with butter, and vanilla to a boil, then whisk in the flour once it has been sifted.
- 2nd Step – Continue to stir regularly until the mixture begins to leave the edge of the pot and forms a ball, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- 3rd Step – To make it smooth, add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- 4th Step – Drop by a big spoonful onto cookie sheets coated with parchment paper (you’ll need 8 for really large ones) and bake at 400 degrees for around 40 minutes.
- NOTE: After taking them out of the oven, puncture them with a toothpick and put them back in the oven with the oven turned off and the door cracked while they cool.) This helps to keep them from deflating.
- 5th Step – Cut in half and fill with Mom’s filling using a pastry bag or a spoon, and make sure to sprinkle generously with powdered sugar or drizzle with melted chocolate.
- 6th Step – When you make the Filling, you’ll need to mix all of the ingredients together with a mixer until they are creamy and thick. Then, you can use it to fill all of the puffs!