CHICKEN AND BISCUITS CASSEROLE
Roasted chicken, onions, celery, carrots, and peas are all combined in a creamy sauce and served over handmade cheddar and chive drop biscuits in this delicious and simple Chicken and Biscuits Recipe. When it comes to traditional comfort food, there’s nothing better than this one. This recipe calls for rotisserie chicken that has already been roasted, which can be found at almost any warehouse or grocery store.
This dish for chicken and biscuits shouts “warm and savory” to me. The combination of spicy and yummy flavors will make your mouth water and satisfy your cravings for comfort food. Apart from that, the recipe is enticingly quick, simple, and entertaining!
HERE IS THE LIST OF ALL INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CHICKEN AND BISCUITS CASSEROLE:
- 3 Tbsp.Of salted butter.
- A medium chopped onion.
- A finely chopped rib celery.
- 2 Tbsp.Of all-purpose flour.
- 1¾ Cup.Of chicken broth.
- 1 Tsp.Of chopped fresh thyme
- ½ Cup.Of whole milk.
- 3 Cups.Of PRE-COOKED chicken, chopped.
- A medium chopped carrot.
- 1 Cup.Of frozen peas.
- 1 Tsp.Of lemon juice.
- Store-bought or homemade biscuits, I used 12.
- A large egg.
- 1 Tbsp.Of water.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Step 1 – Before I started the preparation, I greased a 9×13 casserole dish, and prepared the oven to 375 degrees F (=190 C).
- Step 2 – Secondly, I cooked the chopped onion and celery in a large pan over moderate heat for approximately 5 minutes, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 – And I cooked for approximately a minute after adding the flour and stirring it in, I cooked the mixture over medium heat, stirring often, until the thyme and broth have dissolved and the mixture has thickened.
- Step 4 – In a large pot, I combined all ingredients except the lemon juice and cooked on low heat for about 20 minutes, then I reduced the oven temperature to 425 F after removing the dish from the oven.
- Step 5 – At this point, I cut the biscuits into 12 rounds and stack them on top of the chicken gravy to make a pretty display.
- Step 6 – Then, I brush the biscuits with the egg wash, which is made by whisking the egg with a tbsp of water, and I returned the baking dish to the oven and bake until the biscuits are done, – approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
– If you want your dish to have a stunning impact, you could use extra herbs such as rosemary, parsley, and other similar herbs.
– Put a baking sheet or cookie sheet underneath your cast-iron pan or baking dish if it is almost full, so that any spills in the oven may be caught.
No Responses Yet