BAKED SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
Compared to any takeout, baked Sweet and Sour Chicken is a thousand times better On the top, it’s crispy, flavorful, and bursting with flavor; inside, it’s soft and juicy. There is a reason why this is our favorite dish on the site!
I am trying to make this as brief and basic as possible…
This dish for Sweet and Sour Chicken is a must-try. It’s easy to see why this is the most popular recipe: it’s delicious. Nothing else from a Chinese takeout restaurant has come close to this one yet.
The trick to the breading is the cornstarch, it makes such a great difference and the taste of the sauce is outstanding. As it cooks, it will thicken and provide the ideal coating for the chicken. Adding this to your weekly meal can be a no-brainer since it’s so delicious! Easy take-out at home!
To make this amazing restaurant Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken at home, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Boneless Chicken breasts, I used 4 medium-sized.
- Salt and pepper to ur liking.
- 1 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 boneless eggs.
- 1/4 Cup.Of canola oil.
- 1 Cup.Of granulated sugar.
- 4 Large spoons.Of ketchup.
- 1/4 Cup.Of white vinegar.
- 1/4 Cup.Of apple cider vinegar.
- 1 Large spoon.Of low sodium soy sauce.
- 1 Small spoon.Of garlic salt.
- Step 1 – As always, before I started the preparation, I set the temperature of my oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and let it preheat while making the other steps.
- Step 2 – Secondly, I seasoned the chicken breasts with salt and freshly cracked pepper before slicing them into bite-sized pieces, you can add more spices to your chicken but for me, basics are enough.
- Step 3 – After that, I mixed the cornstarch and eggs, gently beaten, in a separate medium mixing bowl. And using this combination I dipped the chicken and coated it completely.
- Step 4 – At this point, I cooked the chicken in a large pan with the canola oil over medium-high heat until it is browned. Once the chicken was done cooking, I transferred it to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Step 5 – Then, I added all of the ingredients for the sauce into a medium-sized mixing bowl and mixed until well-combined and smooth, and I baked the chicken for an hour with the sauce on top.
- Step 6 – Every 15 minutes, I stirred the chicken to ensure that it was covered in the sauce.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS BAKED SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN:
- You can store the leftovers for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- This dish may also be frozen. Freeze for up to three months in a freezer-safe container or bag.
- When reheating, Sweet and Sour Chicken is best done on the stove. The chicken might become sticky and overcooked if it is reheated in the microwave. Put leftovers in a skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until heated through.