EASY GROUND BEEF TACO
In our home, these quick and simple ground beef tacos are an evening classic! Flavorful, tasty, and ready in less than 30 minutes, this dish is a winner.
All you have to do is sauté the onion, simmer the garlic until fragrant, then brown the meat. Then, in a pan, add everything else and simmer for approximately 10 minutes, or until the flavors have come together completely. Done!
To serve, simply set out some warm tortillas and a variety of toppings such as shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes (with or without avocado), sour cream (with or without guacamole), etc., and allow your family to build their own tacos with their favorite additives.
FOR THE TACO SEASONING MIXTURE I ALWAYS USE FOR MY MEXICAN RECIPES, YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 T spoon.Of chili powder.
- 1 t spoon.Of cumin.
- ½ t spoon.Of salt.
- ½ t spoon.Of oregano.
- ¼ t spoon.Of smoked paprika.
- ¼ t spoon.Of cayenne.
AND FOR THE GROUND BEEF, I ONLY USED:
- 2 T spoon.Of olive oil.
- A small chopped white onion.
- 2 minced cloves.Of garlic.
- 450 grams.Of lean ground beef.
- 240 grams.Of tomato sauce.
- A finely chopped jalapeno.
- Step 1 – Prepare the taco seasoning by combining all of the ingredients and storing it in an airtight container.
- Step 2 – Add the olive oil to a large pan and heat to medium temperature. Add the onion to the heated oil and cook until translucent, approximately 4 minutes. After approximately 2 minutes, add the garlic and continue to cook for another minute.
- Step 3 – Cook the ground beef, breaking it up into smaller bits, for approximately 5 minutes, or until it is well cooked.
- Step 4 – Cook for approximately 30 seconds before adding the tomato sauce and jalapeño. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes, stirring regularly, over low heat.
- Step 5 – In a dry skillet, cook the tortillas for approximately 30 seconds on each side over medium heat.
- Step 6 – Each tortilla should be filled with the meat mixture and topped with your preferred garnishes.
- Step 7 – Serve your tacos with chopped parsley and lime wedges for garnish.
No Responses Yet