SHEET PAN QUESADILLAS
Quesadillas are a great snack or lunch that can be enjoyed at any time of the year. They are simple to modify and are ideal for huge gatherings. These are great for game day or party snacks. Alternatively, you may prepare them as a quick lunch or supper throughout the week.
This easy Sheet Pan Quesadilla dish is a fantastic lunch or supper option that is quick, simple, and tasty to put together! In addition, it’s a fantastic solution for social gatherings!
The dish is cooked on a tiny quarter sheet pan, and it yields enough to feed four people. To serve a larger group of people, you may simply double the recipe and bake it in a bigger baking dish or pan.
This recipe makes my versions of sheet pan chicken quesadillas, but many different flavor combinations may be used instead of what I used.
To make it more flexible, you may replace the ingredients with whatever you have on hand. Here is the list of all ingredients I used to make it:
- 2 Cups.Of cooked and shredded chicken.
- Canned yellow corn, rinsed.
- Canned black beans, rinsed.
- ½ Tsp.Of chili powder.
- ½ Tsp.Of ground cumin.
- 8-inches flour tortillas, I used eight.
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese.
- Toppings: Salsa, Sour cream, Guacamole, or chopped Cilantro
TO MAKE SHEET PAN QUESADILLAS, FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS:
- Step 1: To start, I heated my oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and gently coated a quarter sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray before starting.
- Step 2: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, I combined the shredded chicken, with drained corn and black beans, and I seasoned it with chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper until well combined.
- Step 3: Then, I arranged tortillas so that half of them dangle over the edges of the pan. And I greased two tortillas and equally distribute the chicken mixture over them.
- Step 4: The overhanging tortillas should be folded back towards the center, and then a couple of tortillas should be placed on top of the filling to cover it. To hold them in place, I added another sheet pan on top of the first one.
- Step 5: I baked for 20 minutes, then removed the top sheet pan and continued to bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, uncovered, is the recommended time frame.
- Step 6: And I removed the baking sheet from the oven and cut it into squares or triangular pieces, and I topped it with desired garnishes and served it immediately.
Easy sheet pan quesadilla recipes are almost limitless in terms of creativity. The recipe may simply be adapted to use whatever ingredients are available at the time. The following are some suggestions I tried:
– You can use different fillings; instead of chicken, you can use ground beef, turkey, sautéed veggies, or anything you want.
– Boost the taste by using extra herbs and spices. Add freshly sliced jalapenos to make them spicy if you like. A sprinkle of your favorite spicy sauce may also be used. More flavor may be achieved by using freshly chopped cilantro.