NEW YORK STRIP STEAK
The New York strip steak is really delicious. It’s lovely and tender, and it has a wonderful fatty edge as well as a meaty taste to match it.
Then, how should it be prepared? The meat is seared in a hot cast-iron pan before being finished in the oven. As a steakhouse, you’ll get a deep brown crusty outside and a juicy inside, exactly like you would get at home.
Every time I go into a fine restaurant and order a steak, I’m in love!!!! Always comes out perfectly – crispy, wonderful crust on the exterior, juicy, medium-rare meat on the inside, and a beautiful medium-rare finish.
What is the secret? The key is to cook the steak in two parts, rather than all at once. First, you sear it in a cast-iron pan that has been heated to extreme temperatures. It is then finished in the oven to finish cooking it. You should follow the same procedure as you would in a restaurant to produce excellent (or near to perfect) outcomes at home as well.
THIS RECIPE JUST CALLS FOR A FEW BASIC INGREDIENTS, WHICH ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- An 8-ounces strip steak, approx. 1-inch thick.
- ¼ Tsp.Of kosher salt.
- ¼ Tsp.Of freshly ground black pepper.
- ½ Tbsp.Of softened butter.
- 1st Step – First, the oven should be preheated to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2nd Step – To prepare the skillet, heat it over high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until it is blazing hot.
- 3rd Step – In the meanwhile, you need to season both sides of the steak with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4th Step – Place the meat in the heated skillet and cook until browned. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, without moving the pan. This will result in a delicious crust. Cook the fatty strip for a further 30 seconds.
- 5th Step – Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven, using oven mitts to help. Roast the steak for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or 5 minutes over medium heat for medium results.
- 6th Step – Place the steak on a platter and set it aside. Wrap it loosely in aluminum foil. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes before sprinkling it with butter and serving it.
NOTE: It is not recommended to cook from frozen. Preparing the steak for cooking requires that it be thawed overnight in the refrigerator.