INSTANT POT SAUERKRAUT, SAUSAGE AND SAUSAGE
This Instant Pot Sauerkraut and Sausage dish is a simple and delectable way to eat pork and sauerkraut on a busy night.
Beer and fresh rosemary perfectly complement the flavors of smoked and flavorful sausage, substantial potatoes, and distinct sauerkraut undertones.
Pork and Sauerkraut are two of my husband’s favorite foods. In particular, he likes how sauerkraut has a stronger taste when paired with sausage and potatoes to create one of his favorite traditional German dishes.
Our whole family enjoys the taste of sausage, as well as how soft the meat is. When it comes to our young children, tender meat is much simpler for them to chew and digest.
Cooking sausage and sauerkraut in the Instant Pot is a simple one-pot dish that takes minimal work. The possibilities are endless when it comes to customizing this simple family supper dish to your family’s tastes. So once you try something new, don’t hesitate to share it with me here!!!
- Smoked Sausage, I used two pounds cut in chunks.
- Sauerkraut, I used a 2 pounds bag,
- 6 medium Potatoes, You need to wash them well, then cut them into cubes.
- Rosemary, I used 3 springs.
- 1 Cup.Of your favorite beer.
- 2 large spoons.Of vegetable oil.
- Step 1 – In the Instant Pot, browning sausage on the saute function is optional. Some people like the taste that browning brings out. If you’re going to take this step, brown the sausage in 2 tbsp of oil.
- Step 2 – Remove the sauerkraut from the liquid and set it in the bottom of a 6 or 8-quart Instant Pot. Cook on high for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Step 3 – Toss in cubed potatoes, slices of sausage, and sprigs of Rosemary until everything is well combined.
- Step 4 – Mix everything together and then pour one cup of beer over it all, making sure to distribute it evenly.
- Step 5 – Cook for 9 minutes under high pressure or 30 minutes in a stew pot after sealing the pot tightly with a lid.
- Step 6 – When the timer goes off and the cooking is completed, make a fast release to release any remaining pressure.
No Responses Yet