CRUSTLESS HAM AND CHEESE QUICHE
Just a quick side salad is all you need to make this low-carb dinner into something that can be served any time of day!
Everyone in my family likes quiche, and this recipe is honestly so tasty that no one ever notices the lack of a crust! You may use this recipe to make a crustless spinach quiche, or you can substitute other vegetables or meats for the spinach.
The addition of heavy cream to eggs actually helps to fluff them up and lighten the whole meal, while also imparting a subtle richness to the overall flavor. Your crustless quiche may become very solid instead of light if you do not include cream in the recipe.
- 1 Cup.Of cooked diced ham.
- 1 Cup.Of shredded zucchini.
- 1 Cup.Of shredded cheddar cheese.
- 8 large eggs.
- ½ Cup.Of heavy cream.
- ½ small spoon.Of dry mustard.
- salt and black pepper, to your liking.
- Step 1: Prepare the oven before you start, it should be preheated at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Step 2: Next, place the zucchini on a paper towel and squeeze to remove excess liquid. In a pie pan, combine the ham, zucchini, and cheddar cheese until well combined.
- Step 3: After that, you can combine the eggs, cream, and spices in a large mixing bowl, then pour the sauce over the ham mixture.
- Step 4: And to finish, bake for 40 minutes, uncovered, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out completely clean.
GETTING TO PERFECTION: TIPS FOR THE BEST CRUSTLESS HAM AND CHEESE QUICHE EVER:
- Because this is a quiche without a crust, be sure you oil the pan well to prevent it from sticking.
- Be careful to wring all the excess moisture from the zucchini before using it in your quiche.
- Other ingredients may be added as desired; however, if they contain a lot of moisture, they should be pre-cooked.
- Pre-shredded cheddar cheeses typically include additional starches to prevent them from sticking together; shredding your cheddar cheese eliminates this problem.
- If the top of the cake starts to brown before the middle is completely baked, your oven’s temperature may be too high. Simply wrap the tin foil over your crustless quiche to keep it warm while it bakes!