Cajun crawfish bread has a special place in my heart, along with crawfish soup and crawfish, corn, and potato omelets. Crawfish bread is a simple dish that can be prepared by anybody and for any occasion. There’s absolutely nothing that can go wrong in the kitchen when your ingredient list contains ingredients such as garlic, butter, bread, cheese, Cajun flavor, and crawfish tails from Louisiana. This is something I could very much live off of!
This delicious Cajun appetizer was inspired by a dish that is a staple at a Louisiana restaurant. Delicious crawfish, cheese, and spices are piled high on crusty French bread and cooked until the cheese is melted and the bread is gooey.
TO MAKE IT YOU’LL NEED THESE INGREDIENTS:
- Crawfish tail meat, I used one pound peeled and deveined.
- Half a Cup.Of butter.
- A minced garlic clove.
- ¾ Cup.Of chopped and drained ripe tomatoes.
- 1 Tbsp.Of Cajun seasoning.
- ¾ Cup.Of Monterey Jack Cheese.
- ¼ Cup.Of grated Parmesan
- ½ Cup.Of mayonnaise.
- 3 Tbsp.Of chopped fresh parsley.
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 1st Step – The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and the crawfish should be rinsed, deveined, and peeled.
- 2nd Step – Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat until it begins to foam. Cook for a few minutes once you’ve added the garlic. Toss in the tomatoes, Cajun spice, and crawfish.
- 3rd Step – And sauté all of the ingredients together for 1 minute, then remove from the fire.
- 4th Step – Combine the cheeses, mayonnaise, and parsley in a large mixing basin until well combined. Add the tomato and crawfish combination to the mayonnaise mixture and combine well.
- 5th Step – Cut the loaf of bread in half lengthwise, and then cut the loaf in half again lengthwise. Spread the mixture over the bread and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
- 6th Step – Then broil for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Keep a watchful eye on the oven to avoid overcooking the bread. Using a bread slicer, cut the loaf into individual servings, and serve immediately.