BOSTON CREAM CAKE RECIPE
Boston Cream Cake is a traditional American dessert that is guaranteed surprise and delight. Deliciously sweet, light, and fluffy cake with a vanilla custard filling and a layer of rich chocolate ganache on top make this cake one of our favorites!
Also known as a Boston Cream Pie, this heavenly dessert is to die for! An American classic, this cake mixes tastes and textures to produce one of the greatest cakes you’ll ever eat. With a touch of vanilla sweetness, the light and fluffy cake really melt in your tongue. The cake is made up of two layers of custard or pastry cream that is smooth and velvety, with a hint of vanilla flavor. The rich, creamy chocolate ganache is lavishly applied on the top of the cream cake. The most gorgeous cake would not be complete without the most exquisite frosting.
When you look at the recipe, it may seem to be difficult, but it is not. There are just a few key processes; simply follow each step one at a time and you’ll have the most gorgeous and elegant cake on the table in no time. The beauty of this cake is that it does not need the use of elaborate embellishments. The cake is a statement in and of itself. It’s direct, doesn’t conceal anything, and tastes really delicious! This is a must-try recipe!
– THE INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THE CAKE:
- A Yellow cake mix box.
- All ingredients are listed on the package.
– AND TO MAKE THE FILLING, I USED:
- 1 Cup.Of cold milk.
- An « instant vanilla pudding » package.
- 1½ Cups.Of Cool Whip.
– AND FOR THE GLAZE, YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 squares.Of unsweetened baking chocolate.
- 2 large spoons.Of softened butter.
- 1½ Cup.Of powdered sugar.
- 4 large spoons.Of milk.
- 1st Step – First, you need to turn the temperature of your oven to 350°F and make the cake mix according to package instructions.
- 2nd Step – Next, prepare two 9-inch circular pans by spraying them with cooking spray and gently flouring them.
- 3rd Step – Then, bake the cake according to the package guidelines, just until the top is golden brown and the middle passes the toothpick test, depending on your preference. Allow cakes to cool completely before inverting onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 4th Step – And to make the filling, you’ll need to whisk or use a mixer to beat 1 cup milk and the pudding mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. Fold in the whipped cream with a light hand, and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- 5th Step – On a serving dish, layer one cake with a pudding filling, then the second cake on top.
- 6th Step – For the glazing, prepare as follows: In a small microwave-safe dish, heat the chocolate and butter on high for one minute, stirring halfway through, then stir well until the chocolate is completely melted.
- 7th Step – At this point, mix in the powdered sugar and 4 tablespoons milk until the mixture is smooth.
- 8th Step – And to finish, spread over the top of the cake right away, allowing the excess to trickle down the edges. Keep it refrigerated for at least one hour before using.
No Responses Yet