CHOCOLATE RICE KRISPIE BALLS
These chocolate Rice Krispie balls are a delightful crunchy sweet treat that kids of all ages will enjoy! They are quick and simple to prepare with just a few ingredients and are excellent!
In all honesty, Easter sneaked up on me this year and I didn’t realize it. If this is the case for you, these chocolate Rice Krispie balls will come to your rescue! And, let’s be honest, chocolate is always a good idea at any time of day!
These Rice Krispie bites are fast and simple to prepare, and they turn out to be a crunchy sweet treat that the whole family will enjoy!
Enjoy these Rice Krispy chocolate balls immediately after making them. They will keep for a longer period, up to 5 days, but the texture will not be as smooth and soft.
If you want to preserve them at room temperature, place them in an airtight container and divide the layers with parchment paper. You may keep them in the refrigerator, but it’s best to let them come to room temperature before serving so that they can soften a bit.
– 1 Cup.Of unsweetened shredded coconut.
– Semi-sweet chocolate chips, we will need one Pkg.
– 1 Cup.Of Rice Krispies.
– Sweet chocolate.
– 1/2 Cup.Of peanut butter.
– 3 Tbsp.Of softened butter,
– 1 Tsp.Of vanilla flavoring.
– 1/2 Cup.Of finely chopped pecans.
STEPS TO MAKE CHOCOLATE RICE KRISPIE BALLS FROM SCRATCH:
– Step 1: Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, chill for 30 minutes or longer, and then roll into balls.
– Step 2: Return to the refrigerator and let it cool for at least an hour (longer would be best).
– Step 3: To make it easier to roll in chocolate, place the cookie dough in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
– Step 4: Using a double boiler, melt together the following ingredients: one package of chocolate chips and one square of sweet chocolate. Maintain a low heat so that the chocolate stays soft.
– Step 5: Drop the balls into the chocolate mixture one at a time, rolling them with a fork to ensure that the chocolate covers them completely.
– Step 6: Refrigerate for a few hours after setting on parchment paper. They keep nicely in the freezer, you can also put the balls in the fridge overnight or could be frozen until the day after to dipped them in chocolate.