Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake is a traditional pound cake that has been lightened by the addition of Greek yogurt. It is bursting with lemon flavor from the addition of lemon zest and fresh lemon juice! Juicy blueberries are baked directly into the cake, which is then topped with a delectable lemon glaze.
Blueberries are one of my favorite ingredients to use in baked products because they offer a beautifully sweet, juicy burst of flavor. It’s impossible not to get excited when someone mentions pound cake since it means you’re going to eat something rich, indulgent, and very moist. There is nothing like the texture and richness of this blueberry lemon pound cake!!!
This pound cake is flavored with lemon zest as well as fresh lemon juice, which results in an appealing lemon taste. When you combine it with the luscious blueberries baked directly into the bread, you get a loaf that is brimming with a fresh, delicious taste. This recipe is really flexible, and you may use any kind of fruit that you choose!!!
THESE ARE ALL INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS « BLUEBERRY LEMON POUND CAKE »:
- 1 Cup.Of white granulated sugar.
- 1 Tbsp.Of lemon zest.
- 1½ Cups.Of all-purpose flour.
- 1/4 Tsp.Of salt.
- 2 Tsp.Of baking powder.
- 1 Cup.Of vanilla greek yogurt.
- ½ Tsp.Of vanilla extract.
- 3 large eggs.
- 1 Tbsp.Of lemon juice.
- ½ Cup.Of vegetable oil.
- 1 Cup.Of blueberries cleaned.
- ½ Tbsp.Of all-purpose flour.
THE GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
- The zest of a large lemon.
- 1 Cup.Of powdered sugar.
- 1½ Tbsp.Of lemon juice.
- Step 1 – Before you start, ensure that the oven is set to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with baking spray and put it aside.
- Step 2 – Combine the lemon zest and sugar in a small bowl. With your fingers, combine until the zest is completely covered in sugar and the combination is aromatic (it will smell like lemon!)
- Step 3 – Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar zest combination in a large mixing basin. Whisk to blend.
- Step 4 – In a separate medium dish, whisk together the eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and vegetable oil until mixed.
- Step 5 – Combine the wet and dry components by pouring the wet ingredients into the dry and gently stirring to combine.
- Step 6 – Toss the blueberries and 12 tbsp flour together. Once the batter is almost combined, fold in the blueberries carefully.
- Step 7 – Fill the loaf pan halfway with the batter. Spread the batter evenly with the back of the spoon.
- Step 8 – In your 350°F oven, bake the cake for about 50 minutes. Once done, the top will be browned and a toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean.
- Step 9 – Cool for approximately 10 minutes before turning the pan over to remove the bread. Transfer cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 10 – While the cake cools, make the glaze; In a separate bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon zest. Stir in the lemon juice. Begin with 1 tablespoon and add more if the glaze does not taste tart enough. If necessary, add half & half or heavy cream to get the desired consistency.
- Step 11 – The glaze will be completely smooth. Stir until no sugar clumps remain. Add more sugar or juice as needed to get the desired consistency.
- Step 12 – Pour the glaze over the bread once it has been allowed to cool. Serve immediately or keep the cake in a tightly covered container for later serving. I wrap mine in aluminum foil and keep it at room temperature for 3-4 days before using it.