SPAGHETTI WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE HOMEMADE SAUCE WITH SWEET ONIONS AND PEPPERS
Our Italian Sausage and Peppers Pasta is very straightforward and, perhaps, unfancy, but it doesn’t have to be the most complex gal on the block since what it IS is tasty, fast to prepare, and made with basic ingredients that are easy to get.
In this recipe for sausage and peppers, I’ve taken inspiration from a dish my mother used to make. Even while I can’t really remember specifically what it was made of, what I do remember is large, meaty sausage bits dotted with sweet bell peppers and a lively tomato sauce on top. Today, we’re cooking entire Italian sausage links with brilliant yellow and red bell peppers, onion, and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Using a variation of our favorite marinara sauce, we sauté the sweet peppers and salty sausage together until the peppers are very sweet, tender, and the Italian sausage is cooked through.
Our family loves pasta, so we serve everything over al dente short-cut noodles, but you could also pack the Italian sausage and peppers onto crusty hoagie buns and top it with provolone cheese for a delicious sandwich option. Serving them on a crusty baguette and slathering them with the sauce is also perfectly acceptable.
These are the ingredients needed for making this Italian sausage Homemade sauce;
– 1 small chopped onion.
– 1 small chopped green pepper.
– 2 Tsp.Of olive oil.
– 3 minced garlic cloves.
– Italian sausage, I used 5 cooked and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
– Canned diced tomatoes, use a large can.Of 28-ounces, undrained
– Tomato paste, use a 6-ounces can.
– 1/4 Cup.Of water.
– 1 Tsp.Of brown sugar.
– 1 Tbsp.Of Italian seasoning.
– 1/2 Tsp.Of salt.
– 1/2 Tsp.Of ground pepper.
– Hot boiled spaghetti.
• 1st Step – In a large pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion with the chopped green pepper until the onion is soft.
• 2nd Step – Secondly, finely mince the garlic cloves and add them to the pan, cooking for another 1 minute after that.
• 3rd Step – Once the garlic is fragrant, throw in the sausage, canned diced tomatoes, tomato paste, a quarter cup of water, sugar, and spices, and season to your liking with more salt and pepper.
• 4th Step – Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
• 5th Step – Once it’s finished cooking, toss it with the boiling spaghetti and enjoy!
SUGGESTIONS AND ADVICE FOR A SUCCESSFUL RECIPE:
– Use your preferred Italian sausage instead. Use chicken or turkey sausage to cut down on the number of calories and fat consumed.
– Use penne, ziti, or rigatoni instead of spaghetti.
– Add 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat.
– Make sure you don’t overcook the pasta!