LONG JOHN SILVER’S BATTER
I’m sure you’ve always wanted to try the Long John Silvers fish recipe, and now you can with this amazing recipe. Make this crispy fish paste at home using the ingredients you have on hand!
Do you enjoy this crispy fish with a batter coating on it? It’s difficult to turn down this fish, which is crispy on the exterior and perfectly cooked on the interior. It was one of my favorite restaurants while I was growing up. When Long John Silver’s in Pueblo, Colorado first opened its doors, it was a special day for me. My family and I jumped into the car and devoured the fish in record time.
I hope you appreciate this version of a childhood favorite of mine. Alternatively, you could use the same dough to dip chicken nuggets, shrimp, or even onion rings in.
These are all ingredients needed for the batter; once you make it you can use it with any fish you have, also with fried chicken pieces, it is a must-try!!! Don’t hesitate to try it as soon as you can:
- 90 grams.Of all-purpose flour.
- 2 large spoons.Of cornstarch.
- ¼ small spoon.Of baking soda.
- ¼ small spoon.Of baking powder
- ¼ small spoon.Of salt.
- ¾ Cup.Of water.
Method of work:
- Step 1 – Toss dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Then, pour in the water and thoroughly mix it in.
- Step 2 – Secondly, use the batter to coat fish or chicken fillets with a little coating of flour. And make sure to cover the fish completely.
- Step 3 – To deep fry, you need to heat oil to 350°F until shimmering, then you can fry your fish and serve it immediately with your preferred side dishes.
When preparing this recipe at home, you can use any type of fish that you prefer. Long John Silver uses wild Alaskan fish. I used fish that I bought from Costco to make my recipe. If you have catfish or even tilapia, or any other white fish on hand, I believe this recipe would be a good fit.