CROCKPOT BEEF AND NOODLES
This is one of those recipes that takes me back to my childhood. My mother used to make this meal occasionally, but it was always a special treat when she did!
In exploring this recipe, my mother discovered that it, like any other traditional meal, can be made in around a thousand different ways. Nonetheless, the fundamental elements of all the recipes were the same: slow-cooked beef in a thick broth with egg noodles. So she decided that she could make do with what she had, so she started with the BEST BEEF STEW as a foundation and grew from there. And she did it all in the crockpot because she wanted the taste of slow-cooked, tender beef in the final piece. It turned out to be really amazing!
Depending on the day, I like my Beef and Noodles to be served with more broth than I do other times. Feel free to change the amount of liquid according to your family’s preferences and the capacity of your slow cooker. If you want a thicker recipe, reduce the amount of liquid used; if you prefer a soupier dish, increase the amount of liquid used.
NOW, LET US TALK ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
- 3 tsp flour
- 600 Grams.Of lean beef.
- 3 large spoons.Of olive oil.
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced.
- 400 grams.Of white mushrooms, sliced.
- 3 large spoons.Of soft butter.
- 3 minced garlic cloves.
- Half a cup.Of red wine.
- One cup.Of beef broth.
- 1 large spoon.Of mustard.
- A pinch.Of paprika.
- ¾ cup.Of 10% plain yogurt.
- Chopped parsley, to taste.
- Fresh Chopped chives, to taste.
- Salt & Pepper, to ur liking!!!
- 1st Step – In a medium mixing bowl, coat the meat with 3 small spoons of flour.
- 2nd Step – Cook the beef in a small amount of olive oil in a large pan over high heat until it is browned. Season with salt and pepper. As you cook the meat, transfer it to the slow cooker.
- 3rd Step – In the same pan, sauté the onions and mushrooms in soft salted butter until they are soft, and season to your liking, then after adding the garlic, cook the mixture for one minute.
- 4th Step – Transfer to a slow cooker after adding wine to sweeten. Combine all of the ingredients, except the yogurt and herbs, in the crockpot, and make a nice blend!
- 5th Step – Cook on low heat for 4 hours after covering the crockpot.
- 6th Step – As soon as you’re ready to serve, stir in the yogurt and taste to see if the seasonings need to be adjusted. Toss with seasonings and serve on top of egg noodles.