SHRIMP, CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PASTA WITH AN EASY ALFREDO SAUCE
It’s a creamy pasta dish that’s stuffed with chicken, shrimp, and sausage, all of which are mixed in a hearty roux made with cheese. Spice, tastes, and down-home wonderful cuisine come together in this ideal combination.
The following is another one of those dinners that my family prepares on a regular basis. It’s rich and creamy, and it’s not for individuals who are trying to stay on a diet. Alternatively, it may be considered a fantastic cheat meal! With a satisfying combination of spicy sausage, chicken, and shrimp, as well as a roux and cheese sauce, akin to an alfredo (but with… cheese), this dish for cajun pasta is a must-try! Because the combination of tastes works so well together, we’ve been serving it for many years to guests.
And you will as well. Are you unsure about what to serve at your next large gathering? This is exactly what you need to serve!!! You can add few side dishes, and Tadaaa a fancy delicious dinner is ready to serve!!!!
Even though this dish includes a simple list of ingredients, it is not quite a 20-minute meal. However, after you’ve completed all of the preparation work, it will come together fast and the processes will assist the flavors to build upon one another, so put on some nice kitchen music and go to work. I guarantee you, it’ll be well worth it.
Gather all of your ingredients ahead of time for this dish to ensure that there are no last-minute dashes to the store; the recipe comes together swiftly after everything is prepared and ready to go.
- 1 Pound package.Of dry penne pasta.
- 3 Tbsp.Of olive oil.
- Peeled and deveined large shrimp, I used 1 pound.
- ¾ Pound.Of chicken breast, I cut it into 1-inch pieces, it is important to use boneless meat.
- ¾ Pound.Of andouille sausage, I cut it into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 1 Tbsp.Of freshly chopped thyme leaves.
- ½ Cup.Of heavy cream.
- ½ a large yellow onion, chopped it into thin pieces.
- ½ Cup.Of green bell pepper, chopped it into thin pieces.
- 1 Tbsp.Of minced garlic.
- ½ Cup.Of chicken stock.
- One can.Of diced tomatoes.
- 2 Tbsp.Of freshly chopped basil leaves.
- ½ Cup.Of grated Parmesan.
- Step 1: Fill a 1-gallon stockpot with a pasta attachment, 3/4 full of water, and bring it to a boil. Salt to taste as you bring to a boil over high heat.
- Step 2: Place the penne in the salted water and bring it back to a boil, stirring often. Cook the pasta for around 10 to 12 minutes, until it’s almost al dente. One cup of the pasta boiling water should be preserved for later use, and to finish it’s necessary that you drain well the pasta and keep it aside.
- Step 3: While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a 14-inch saute pan over medium-high heat, swirling the pan to distribute the oil evenly.
- Step 4: In a skillet, heat the oil and cook the shrimp for one minute on each side, and now you should transfer the shrimp on a plate. Season the chicken breast to your liking in the saute pan and add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Step 5: Place the chicken breast in the pan and cook for 3 minutes, flipping to achieve uniform browning. Seared shrimp and chicken should be removed from the pan and kept aside.
- Step 6: Sauté the sausage, onions, and bell peppers in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Saute the sausage and onions for approximately 3 minutes, turning frequently, until the onions are transparent and the sausage is gently caramelized. Sauté the garlic for 30 seconds after adding it to the pan.
- Step 7: Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spoon to remove any brown pieces that have formed, then pour in the chicken stock and cook for 30 seconds more. After 2 minutes, add the diced tomatoes, fresh thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and simmer for another minute. In a separate pan, whisk together the heavy cream and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Step 8: Add the shrimp and chicken back to the pan, along with the pasta that is almost al dente and the 1 cup of cooking water that was saved.
- Step 9: It will take around 3 minutes of cooking time to get the shrimp and chicken fully cooked as well as the pasta to be al dente and most of the pasta cooking water to evaporate.
- Step 10: Add the basil and Parmesan and remove them from the heat. Serve immediately after mixing together in a bowl.
I HOPE THAT YOU WILL TRY THIS SHRIMP, CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PASTA WITH AN EASY ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!! AND PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!! HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!!