BEST EVER CHINESE CHICKEN RECIPE
In only 30 minutes, you can have this quick and simple stir-fry dish for Chinese Chicken in a brown sauce on the table. What more could you ask for?
With chicken, highly nutritious vegetables including mushrooms, bell pepper, minced garlic, and ginger in a great weeknight meal recipe, this healthy version of a takeaway favorite can be enjoyed by the whole family!
Because it is so quick and easy to prepare, this Chinese Chicken and Broccoli dish is ideal for hectic mid-week dinners on the go. In addition, you may use any meat or veggies you have on hand. With this recipe, you can have a homemade cooked meal on the table in under 30 minutes! The process of making Chinese food from scratch isn’t difficult at all.
What makes this dish one of my favorites is the use of fresh aromatics such as ginger, garlic, and green onions, which lend large, robust flavors to a stir-fry that elevates it to a new level of excellence. Whatever your level of culinary experience, this Chinese chicken dish can be cooked in your home to offer up a simple supper that the entire family will appreciate, regardless of your skill level.
Despite the fact that this dish is prepared using store-bought ingredients, it tastes exactly like the food served at Chinese restaurants.
THE INGREDIENTS LIST:
- Olive oil; 2 large spoons.
- Sesame oil; 1 large spoon.
- Skinless chicken breasts; I used 1 pound.
- Soy sauce; I used 1 large spoon.
- 2 large spoons.Of cornstarch.
- A Medium green bell pepper, thinly diced.
- 4-oz of mushrooms, you need to slice them.
- 2 small spoons.Of minced garlic.
- 1 small spoon.Of minced ginger.
FOR THE SAUCE, I USED:
- 1½ small spoons.Of rice wine vinegar.
- ½ a Cup.Of light soy sauce.
- 3 large spoons.Of white cooking wine.
- 1 large spoon.Of honey.
- 1 large spoon.Of cornstarch.
- 1 large spoon.Of olive oil.
- 2 large spoons.Of brown sugar.
METHOD OF WORK:
- Step 1: Combine soy sauce and cornstarch in a mixing bowl and thoroughly mix the marinade until incorporated.
- Step 2: Cut the chicken into tiny pieces and place it in the large mixing bowl with the marinade and mix well to cover it.
- Step 3: In another bowl, mix the cooking wine, with rice wine vinegar, light soy sauce, olive oil, honey, cornstarch also brown sugar, and mix well until you have an incorporated mixture.
- Step 4: Cook the marinated chicken in a frying pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat until it is cooked through on both sides. Once the sesame oil and olive oil have been heated, remove the skillet from the heat and set it aside.
- Step 5: Once the chicken is cooked through, take it from the pan and place it on a dish to rest.
- Step 6: Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, and sweet pepper to the pan with the sauce and simmer until the vegetables are tender. You may also add some peas and a few cashews at this point.
- Step 7: Stir in the minced garlic and ginger, then return the chicken to the pan and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, turning constantly. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- Step 8: After everything has finished cooking, serve your Chinese Chicken over cooked white rice, garnished with chopped green onions, and enjoy!
- Before you heat the pan or wok, have all of the ingredients ready. Stir-fry preparation is quick. Before you begin, make sure you cut and measure everything.
- Turn up the heat to its maximum setting. Before adding oil, make sure your pan or wok is hot. This is an important step in preventing the pan from sticking.
- Add some unsalted cashews or water chestnuts for extra crunch and texture.
- Serve over brown rice for a heartier, more nutritious dinner.
No Responses Yet