CHICKEN AND SPINACH PASTA BAKE
Take a look at this amazing pasta that I just brought into my life and which has somehow managed to become one of our favorite meals to prepare at any time of year. A creamy, but light cheesy sauce coats the shell pasta, which is topped with delicate chicken breast, sweet caramelized onions, and healthy spinach that somehow seems to melt into the creamy, yet light sauce.
Yes, you certainly must meet my new best friend: this amazing caramelized onion spinach chicken pasta bake that can be made in one pot. Also known as heaven on earth.
Incredible caramelized onion spinach chicken pasta dish created with two full bags of spinach for more vegetables and a creamy, lightened-up parmesan cheese sauce for maximum flavor and nutrition. When you’re seeking something warm and cozy, this protein-packed, nutritious chicken pasta bake is the ideal evening supper!
Because of the juicy caramelized browned onions, it’s creamy and somewhat sweet, and it’s also filled with protein and has some pretty great lick-your-plate-clean type of magic sensations going on. I swear I could take a bath in the parmesan cheese sauce that has been created by soaking up the brown pieces that have accumulated at the bottom of the pan while the caramelized onions and chicken cook.
Just trust me and put this one on your menu ASAP!!!!
YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS TO PREPARE THIS SIMPLE CHICKEN AND SPINACH PASTA BAKE:
- One Pkg.Of penne pasta; use 8-ounces.
- 1 Tsp.Of olive oil.
- A medium chopped onion.
- 3 Cups.Of cooked chicken, chopped.
- A medium can.Of Italian-style diced tomatoes
- A 10-ounces Pkg.Of fresh spinach.
- An 8-ounces Tub.Of softened cream cheese.
- 1½ Cups.Of shredded mozzarella cheese.
THIS « CHICKEN AND SPINACH PASTA BAKE » MAY BE PREPARED IN JUST A FEW SIMPLE STEPS, AS FOLLOWS:
- First Step: To begin, you need to bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, then add the penne and simmer, tossing periodically, until the pasta is cooked but still firm to the biting, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Second Step: In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Cook the onion in heated oil for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it is soft.
- Third Step: In a baking dish, combine the penne pasta, onion, chicken, chopped tomatoes, spinach, and cream cheese until the cream cheese melts and covers the whole dish, about 20 minutes.
- Fourth Step: At this point, you need to sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the spaghetti mixture to finish it off. Aluminum foil should be used to cover the baking dish.
- Fifth Step: While you make the recipe, turn the temp. Of the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (=190 degrees C).
- Sixth Step: It takes around 30 minutes to cook in the oven, remove the foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through and begins to brown on the edges.
LET YOUR CREATIVITY GO WILD WITH THIS NUTRITIOUS CHICKEN PASTA BAKE! MUSHROOMS, PEAS, BROCCOLI, AND SUN-DRIED OR NORMAL TOMATOES ALL SEEM FANTASTIC IN THIS DISH.